28 Gramercy Park South
New York, NY 10003
Former Quaker Meeting is located in Gramercy Park historic district. Built in 1859 by the fashionable New York architects Gamaliel King and John W. Kellum, the Neo-Italian structure became part of the underground railroad, giving refuge to runaway slaves. Praised for it simple, expressive spatial quality, the Meeeting house was acquired and restored in the 1970s by the Brotherhood Synagogue as a new home for their congregation.