Gotham Logo Gotham Logo  

Online Discussions

Announcement

Welcome to the Gotham Center discussion boards. These boards offer our users a safe, friendly environment for discussions about New York City history. Please note that you must register before posting to the site.

#1 2014-05-23 20:57:30

Andy Roth

Before We Go...Let Us Know

Ok so the gotham site is exhausted.

but we have all made true to the heart friends here

If you want to stay in touch

Post Here

Make a fake email if you need privacy, aol is easy

my real email is theskp@aol.com

many here know it
please stay in touch

Andy Roth

#2 2014-05-24 13:28:42

jimbo
Website

Re: Before We Go...Let Us Know

We will all try to stay in touch.

#3 2014-05-27 10:41:26

DrSteve

Andy,Sal,Jimbo,Olivia ed d,and all the rest of our board buddies too numerous to mention....I will periodically scan this site for "signs of life"(lol) so if you wish for a response from me just post a nyc type of psychological topic and I will respond. I wish to again thank all of the great board buddies that I have had the pleasure of corresponding with over the years. Jimbo, it has been my pleasure to share my knowledge and experience with all of you. I had hoped that it would be helpful to all who were interested in specific topics. At the same time, I wish to mention that I too learned a great deal from all of you who were kind enough to share your experience, expertise, education and professional knowledge about so many different topics over the years. I agree...it's been a great ride while it lasted and I hope to remember you all! That being said, I wish all good things for you and yours. Be well and until we meet again.....Goodbye for now....DrSteve

#4 2014-05-27 21:12:22

Olivia

Dr Steve--I will miss your sharing of your knowledge & experience w/us. Just a couple of questions before saying goodbye.  1. How do you like retirement?  2. How's the new kitchen? 3. Still planning to go south? That's it for the 3rd degree. I wish all of us a great life.   O

#5 2014-05-28 07:40:30

DrSteve

Hi Olivia....Wow, you have a great memory...Well since you asked....I am now retired almost 1 year and must confess I LOVE IT! It is not that I disliked what I did for most of my career but I think it was the right time for a change(38 yrs in the field). I joined a gym with a friend and go there 3x/wk, run errands for my wife who will also retire as a psychologist in less than 29 days, often prepare dinner, read, watch movies on Netflix and take naps(lol). I am pleased to say you were indeed correct when you stated that "it will have been worth all the renovation headaches when your kitchen is finally done", as we love how it came out! Finally, after surviving this past winter from hell,we decided that in the not too distant future(4 to 5 yrs) we will indeed move down South probably to the Boca area of Florida since we have friends and some family there. We are waiting for our daughter to graduate with her Doctorate in Psychology which will take approximately 2-3 more years before moving down to Florida. She is already a school psychologist and works part time. This past winter pushed me and my wife over the edge to the point where we just can't see having to deal with harsh winters anymore(if we don't have too). Olivia thanks for asking and take care of yourself. All the best.Regards,DrSteve

#6 2014-05-28 12:24:29

ed d

WELL.........it looks like saying goodbye brought everyone out of the woodwork...SO....it seems like   ..we DO have more things to talk about

#7 2014-05-30 01:42:16

reardon
Website

I may not been here for long time like you guys here. Yet, I was lucky enough that I read your post and able to participate in discussions. Hope this is not the end.

Features:

Donate Now!
Help support the Gotham Center

Join Our Mailing List

The Gotham History Blotter
Read new non-fiction essays about New York City History.

© 2004-2007 Gotham Center for New York City History. All Rights Reserved.

The Gotham Center for New York City History
The Graduate Center, The City University of New York, Room 6103
365 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10016-4309
Telephone: 212-817-8460
FAX: 212-817-1541
E-mail: gotham@gc.cuny.edu